Age Group Challenge Meets for Mighty Ducks and Yellow Squad swimmers are designed to give swimmers a feel for what meets are like and let them show off their new swimming skills! Swimmers will compete in 2 or more events and have their recorded in order to measure future progress.
Thoughts about competition from the coaches:
- Cheer for everybody! It’s more fun than sitting on your hands.
- Enjoy the Fun of Competition! There is nothing better than feeling like you accomplished something
- Reinforce to your child that Competition shows what you’ve learned in practice: going to meets bring a purpose and focus to practice
- Competition can be individual focus on personal improvement in both time and skill
- Competition can be intimidating but just trying it relives a lot of the anxiety for most children
- Being discouraged from time to time is part of Sports, learning how to dust yourself off and try hard again is the great lesson and value of Competition